Executive Compensation: The Fundamentals
This Online Course is designed for search professionals who wish to be knowledgeable about the compensation package being offered by the client, who seek to be able to comfortably ask the right compensation questions and value the answers, and who want to be able to communicate details about compensation to the client.
What subjects are covered?
- Understanding executive compensation: base pay; short term incentives; long term incentives; benefits and perquisites.
- Comprehending compensation terms of art such as 'golden handcuffs','in the money', 'underwater', 'clawback option', 'golden boot' and more
- Assessing the proposed compensation package
- Valuing prospective candidate's current packages
- Determining if the prospect is at appropriate level
- Gathering marketplace intelligence
- Comparing and contrasting candidates'current compensation with client's offers
- Recognizing financial implications
- Understanding solutions to make a candidate "whole"
For a preview of the course, please click on the image below.
AESC members - $150
Non-AESC members - $200
How to register
- Register online for this course using the 'Register Now' button below.
- Log onto Campus using the email address and the password you provided at registration.
- You will be able to view the courses that you have signed up for in 'My Schedule'.
- Download the manual for the course and click on 'Start/Resume' to start the online course.
- You will have 15 days from the time you register to complete the course.
Our Expert Trainer
J. Richard, advisor to boards, compensation committees, and top management regarding executive officer and outside director compensation and general corporate governance matters. Mr. Richard's most recent book The Compensation Committee Manual was named one of the top 20 governance publications by the National Association of Corporate Directors.
If you have any questions please contact us.
Tel: (+1) 212-398-9556 Ext. 238